Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Newborn Blogger


Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog........

Long time ago, the word 'blog' appealed to me as a blue frog wearing star-shaped sunglasses who's jumping on a trampoline.....hmmm...and I still don't know why.

But i knew what a blog really is, i just didn't know what's the purpose of it. But now i know.
I never knew how to make a blog until the "how-to" part was introduced to us in my T.L.E class.

My first thoughts were, "Wow...That's so awesome. I'm excited."
Then I went home and I signed up here and there, made some arrangements and the finished rest of the procedure. After choosing a boring template (It's not like I had many incredible choices!), I finally posted my first article which is also perfectly boring! (I'm referring to "My confessions"). Then I saw my blog and I felt really troubled. How could I make people visit my blog? Suppose i should get down on my knees and beg them to open this link and spread the word. I repeatedly told all of the best people i know to visit my blog. I sent lots horny-corny group messages through yahoo! mail and through text messages, which i think why most of my friends were annoyed. I even signed in Yahoo! chat rooms and sent my link to other people from all over the world. But being in a dangerous and evil world of the modern internet, nobody bothered to open a blog of a complete stranger. I mean, even I wouldn't do that! But I realized that blogging is also a form of challenge and social awareness and that yours would never never never never never never ever be visited by many people unless you do something really surprising. It's either you do something foolish or something incredibly wise. But I think there's more to a blog than just simply letting people know what's this and what's that. There's more to a blog than just to write all of your thoughts and daily experiences, words of wisdom, frustrations, bad memories, happy moments and etc.
I guess writing stuff and publishing it here in blog posts is a really hard thing to do. It's hard to impress the tough audience of people out there. Many bad influences, rumors and outrageous stuff can spread all over the world in a snap. Blogging is an experience that allows us free ourselves of the usual and typical rituals of our daily lives. In blogging, there should not be any pretensions. I believe we post our thoughts here not to impress or humiliate other people but to express ourselves in a different way that we have never expressed before. I believe talking or meeting people personally is entirely different from not seeing them and being free to do everything we want as we communicate. I learned that blogging is just showing your real self. Reading someone's blog can help you determine what kind of person he or she is. To be a blogger is to be able to accept yourself and tell the whole world about it.

Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog......

No comments:

Post a Comment