Monday, October 12, 2009

Travel to Neverland PART 2


http://pixdaus.com/pics/X27cRQnLs7ym.jpg

I don't think anyone is actually waiting for this second part of my fantasy err... journey to Neverland with Peter Pan but i still want to post it anyway. :)

PART 2
I was staring at the window, with my fingers dangling the dainty pendant of the necklace Peter pan gave me last night. I inhaled deeply and thought about how he could never come back. Not even tonight. I stomped my left foot and shifted my weight.
“Hey what are you doing? Line up outside!” I heard an angry voice of a student martial across the room and I stared for a moment but I walked out the door anyway. My hands have not let go of the beautiful pendant around my neck. It marked as my shelter; a sense of comfort. It was also a deliberate sense of distress. It’s as if a clear warning of departure. It’s like a gift for me now and a goodbye present in the near future. I was absolutely certain that Peter pan would keep his promise that he would come back tonight, but something is holding back my confidence for he told me twice that he might not be able to come back one night. It worries me that he would finally get tired of waiting for my decision and he would just leave and never visit me again. My thoughts are painful to me because he’s a dear friend of mine… and perhaps even more than that.
“Let us all remember that we are in the most holy presence of God. In the name of the…”
The leader with the microphone started the prayer and I was continuously stroking the smooth surface of the pendant on my neck. “Hands on your side…” Our teacher mumbled and the order was obviously for me. I bit my lip and set aside my right hand and when I did, I also forced myself to set aside Peter pan until tonight when he promised he would come back. And I know he keeps his promises.

“Are you still there? Hello?” my friend Kerstin repeated in a monotonously irritated tone.
“Huh? …yeah...” I steadily said in the transmitter of my phone and remained silent. “You’re busy aren’t you?” she asked, “Hey, did you attend the Book lovers’ club this afternoon?”
“I think…” yeah, I think that Peter wouldn’t come. He would never come back. He’s pissed at me and I won’t see him again…
“You ‘think’?” she asked once again, she sounded even more confused this time.
“Uh… let me call you back. Our dinner’s ready.” I told her with a quick assurance that I don’t really have the appetite to eat dinner tonight.
“Okay. Bye.” Kerstin said politely.
I meant to tell her “goodbye” too. But something struck me. In a few hours or so, if Peter pan doesn’t come, I can assure myself that it is really “goodbye” for us. I put the receiver down with a loud crack.
“Dinner’s ready!” my mom shouted from the kitchen.
“No thanks!” I yelled back.
“Huh?”
“I’m not hungry!! ...No thanks.” I shouted from my room and closed the door.

I tried to gather my thoughts as I opened my file case to finish the science take-home quiz.
I scanned the first page and arrived at number 6. “What do you call the chemical signs made by the endocrine system…”
I searched my thoughts for an answer but I did not hesitate to open my Biology book and look for the certain one.
A couple of hours passed…and another…and another.
I was feeling really tired and sleepy. I didn’t even bother to put away my things from my desk. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my tired eyes. I changed
clothes and turned off the lights. I sought my way to the night lamp and flipped it open.
I looked at the window one last time before I drifted asleep.


Maybe after a couple of hours or so, I was awaken by a familiar sound. I stirred from my sleep and sat up. I rubbed my eyes to wake up my nerves. The sound continued and I was merely trying to clear my eyes for I was having a blurry vision of my room. The sound of a beautiful melody calmed down my tension. I thought I was still asleep until I saw a glimmer of yellow pixie dust trail across my room.

I looked over at the end of my bed and there I saw a silhouette of a boy of my age sitting on the floor, his legs were curled under him and he was playing a pan flute.

“Peter! You came back!” I cried happily with the excitement forming in my mind.
He stopped playing and looked at me. He stood up and by the light of my night lamp; I finally saw his captivating smile that I was missing so much.

“You’re awake.” he said with a crooked grin, “How are you? Sorry I’m late. I had to find Tinker Bell in the forest. She was trailing Tarzan and Jane across the river bend. ”
I laughed quietly, “And I thought you weren’t going to come.”
“You didn’t wait up for me.” he said with a skeptic tone, little did I know that he was just teasing me. He walked closer and I stood up from my unmade bed. He took my hand and pulled me to the window like what he always does.
He didn’t say anything the whole time we were staring out the window. The cold breeze blew in my room and I shivered in the cold. I pulled my hand away, “Hold on.”
I walked to my dresser drawer and put on a beige sweater around me. Peter Pan was staring at me with a queer expression.

“What?” I asked him hesitantly. He shook his head and pulled out his pan flute from his pocket. He started to play the tune that we both love. Tinker Bell suddenly flew in front of me and waved her tiny hand. “Oh. Hi, Tink.” I said merrily then she danced away with the gold dust from her wings.
I strutted to my piano and lifted the lid. I placed my fingers on the keys and was about to play along when Peter pan stopped. I lifted my head and he was beside me in an instant. “I learned how to play that last night.” he said in a solemn voice.
“You play the piano now? Let me hear.” I said with the nicest smile I could ever manage.

I moved to the right and let him sit beside me. He placed his pale hands on the keys and for a second he seemed to be recalling his notes. I smiled and waited patiently.
“Uh. Okay, here goes.” he muttered and he began to play a couple of melodies carefully, trying not to make mistakes and when he stopped I gave him a cynical look. He looked back at me and smiled. “I don’t remember anymore…Sorry.” he ran his fingers through his hair. I was also smiling with the most honest appreciation I could ever express. Maybe this is what I really wanted. Maybe I don’t really have to think twice about leaving for Neverland. Maybe I really want to stay young with Peter.
I took his hand. “Teach me how to fly.” I told him with a certain voice.
“Teach you? Now?” he was taken aback by my sudden decree, “You would come with me tonight?” his eyes sparkled with certain happiness.
“Just teach me how, Pete.” I said once again. I stood up from the piano stool and faced him. I didn’t want to make assumptions and promises right now. I just want to spend more time with him. I don’t want to waste any time. He shrugged, “Well, alright.” he then took hold of my hand gently and led me to the window once again. He blew a whistle with his thumb and forefinger and Tinker Bell was suddenly flying towards us.
Tinker Bell raised her hand in a salute and Peter pan nodded playfully. He pointed at me and Tink just smiled and flew over my head. In a quick period of time I was showered with gold pixie dust. It even smelled like sweet chocolate and it was really frosty. It was really a weird feeling when the sparkling dust dissolved but I felt like nothing changed.

“Now what?” I looked at Peter who was watching me vigorously. He grinned and his eyes are now full of life. “Now we fly.” he took my hand in his and looked at me.
“Are you ready?” he asked me with excitement and curiosity.
“For what?” I raised an eyebrow nervously and I was feeling a churn in my stomach.
“You ready to fly?” he repeated patiently.
My heart started beating triple time. I gulped and said, “I-I don’t know.”
Peter sensed my anxiety and led me three steps away from the window.
“It all depends, Joan. Do you trust me?” he asked me as he looked right in to my eyes.
I bit my lip.
“Yes, I do…” I told him with an uneasy feeling. I was still nervous.
“Really?” he asked me again just to make sure. When I nodded, he pulled me by the window and asked me to step on the window pane. I looked at him nervously.
“Don’t worry. I got you. I won’t let go.” he assured me with an honest smile; A smile that gave me safety and assurance that I did the right thing to trust him on this. I held my breath as we counted to three. One…Two…Three…
And suddenly I was flying in the air with Peter’s hand and mine clasped together.

(To be continued)

2 comments:

  1. I love it ! You're like wayyy better than me :P IDOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez joan! you really need to introduce him to me!!! =))
    you're actually really good! as in! =))
    you made me like fantasy more than reality again! :))

    ReplyDelete