Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Travel to Neverland Part 3



http://thumb1.visualizeus.com/thumbs/08/05/03/alone,b,w,composition,feeling,girl,landscape,photographer,photography,sad,silhouette,sky,woman-be5265a8fa1d626ab637491dbc7a3cd2_m.jpg

*The cold wind blowing my hair away from my face left me feeling unstably conscious when Peter looked at me. Even with the sky so dark and spooky, I saw the same glimmer in his eyes that I love the most. He was staring with intensity as we were floating in the air. I kept my eyes toward the dim light of the full moon and away from him. Not that I don’t want to look at him, though. It’s just that I don’t stare that much. They say strange things happen during full moon and I think this is strange enough. Flying with Peter pan and Tinker Bell at 2 am in the morning is actually as weird as anything could ever be.

“We need to go faster.” Peter said quietly. I reluctantly let go of his hand and tried to fly faster, forcing my whole body to balance in the mid air. Flying is not really as easy. The wind blowing against your body is just like under water when water current is flowing against you.

For my first time of flying, I didn’t actually do it good. Being clumsy on the ground doesn’t help being graceful in the air.
Peter was a meter ahead of me when I lost my concentration along with my balance. The harsh, cold wind pushed me away and I felt a painful thump at the back of my head when I hit a building wall. Peter was instantly beside me wearing a look as if he’s concerned at the same time, trying not to laugh.

“Gee! Flying certainly doesn’t fit me well.” I mumbled as I rub the back of my head and Peter held my shoulders for support. “You shouldn’t let go of my hand anymore, then.” he said as he pat my back. He was forcing himself not to laugh but I saw that the corners of his mouth were already twitching. I bit my lower lip and squinted at him.
”Yeah. I won’t.” I told him with a smirk and I wrapped my fingers around his hand.
After a few minutes or so, I was really getting tired of flying and I was already scowling.
Peter noticed it and he frowned too.
“Uh-oh. We’re not even there yet but you don’t like it already.” he said with a shrill voice.
“I’m tired.”
“Lean on me.” he opened his arms willingly.
“I’ve been leaning on you since I bumped my head on that stupid wall.” I told him with impatience and I saw hurt in his eyes. Maybe I should learn how to speak more nicely.
“Sorry…what I mean is----“he cut me short and he gave me a smirk that left me mystified. He told me, “Close your eyes.”
“Why?”
He bit his lip. “Just close your eyes.”
When I opened them, I saw a beautiful carpet floating in the air with us. It was moving on its own and on one side of the fabric; it looked like it was waving at me.
“Wow…a magic carpet?” I looked at Peter and he winked at me.
I sat on the carpet and I felt like I sat on a hammock, only it was more steady and comfortable. I looked down at the scary view of the town from above, just like looking from an airplane window, only different. It was more overwhelming; more beautiful.

Peter sat down beside me and the carpet started to move forward. He took my hand and smiled at me and patted me on the back.
“Thanks” I said, “The view is so beautiful from up here.” I told him quietly.
“Yeah I know. Wait ‘till we get to Neverland. It’ll be beyond beautiful.”
I nodded and my mind suddenly changed. Would I stay at Neverland forever? Will I ever see my family again? Will I ever hang out with my friends again? What? What? What?!

“Are you okay?” I heard Peter ask me curiously as he took my hand. I looked at him and I felt a stab of pain again. How could I ever let him go? I can never do that. Never…I thought. Neverland…Gee!
“Hey!” he said a little louder and he poked my arm. I widened my eyes and kept quiet.
“Forget them, Joan.” he whispered as he moved closer. I looked at him with sad eyes and I gripped the sleeve of my sweater.
“Forget them all.” he said again.
I looked away quietly and I breathed out a lungful of air.
We didn’t say anything while we were riding the carpet. I looked up and down; I fiddled with the locks of my hair. I stretched my arms, I swung my legs; I clicked my tongue; I moved my head up and down.
Peter was just sitting on the carpet beside me. He was looking straight ahead. Once in a while, he would play his pan flute and I would see Tinker Bell dancing in the air again. It was really cool.

I reached to my pocket and then I cursed loudly. “Oh fudge! I left my cell phone!”
Peter stopped playing and looked at me. “You what?”
“I left my freakin’ phone!” I yelled hysterically. I reached to my other pocket. “No! I also left my Ipod! For the love of God!”
I heard Peter laugh and I sneered at him. “Do you have any more of this magic carpet? A heavier one. So that I could whack you in the head with it, like a baseball bat…”
“Hey, that would be harsh.” he reached beside him and produced a heavy looking camera. My eyes widened and I keenly took it from him.
”No...Way” I breathed. “This is a Canon Digital Rebel XSi!” I cried!
“Yep.”
“You’re kidding. It’s worth $600!” I cried.
“I got it from Neverland.” he told me as he started to play the pan flute.
“There are shops there???”
He stopped playing and looked at me with a smile.
“Yep. Free. No need to buy. Just take.” he said as he shrugged.
What?!! Did I hear him right??!!
“What? They really are free, Jo. Why the hell are you looking at me like that?” he said with a face.

My mouth twitched to the side. “Are we there yet???” I asked him, looking at the dark sky and shining stars.
“Hmmm…maybe” he said with squinting eyes toward the sky, “We’re near the space. We should get to Milky way faster this time.”
I widened my eyes, “Milky Way?!” Peter nodded and smiled at me.
I bit my lip and I felt my cheeks blush when he ran his fingers through my brunette hair.
“Are you tired? Do you want to sleep?” he asked with kindness and concern that left me feeling hot and cold at the same time.
“Uhhm” I smiled, “No. I don’t want to sleep.”
“Are you hungry?”
“No.”
His smile disappeared and he bit his lip once again. “Are you really mad at me? I could take you back to your room if you don’t want to go anymore.”
My mouth hung open when he said those words, I was waiting for him to laugh or smile or even poke me playfully and tell me he was joking.
But I looked at his green eyes and I understood that he was serious.
I considered the choice for a moment. It was the moment of truth. It’s the chance to choose; maybe for the last time.
I have to say the right response. I felt really nervous, not knowing what I really want to do. I could hear the words Peter told me earlier. “Forget them. Forget them all.”

Those words echoed in my head like a haunting yet soothing message of security and advice.
I reached to the necklace around my neck. I felt the leaf pendant and the perfect lining. I looked at the SLR camera and the magic carpet. I looked at the beautiful sky and Tinker Bell who was sprinkling gold dust all over the air that left a sweet smelling scent. I looked at the dark sky with shining stars like gold nuggets in a dark cave. I looked at the Full moon. It’s as if he smiled willingly to me. I looked at Peter pan’s innocent eyes. They were so safe, mysterious, magical, overwhelming and breathtaking. Not even Stephenie Meyer’s Edward Cullen can compare to Peter Pan.
I breathed deeply and when I finally found my voice I took Peter’s hand and dug deep into what my heart really wanted.

“I can’t wait to get to Neverland” I told him with an honest smile, “I want to be with you.”
I finally saw his captivating smile that reached his eyes and when they do, they always sparkle. He gripped my hand tighter and I felt a huge wave of relief. I was about to take a picture of the view with the camera when the carpet suddenly stopped violently and I lost control of my hands. A gush of wind blew against us and I grabbed the camera before it toppled over. I heard Peter laugh amusingly.

Suddenly, there was a very bright light coming from afar that almost blinded us. I raised my hand to my forehead to cover them. Peter did the same.

“What is it?” I asked him, “What’s happening?”
The cold wind blew against us once again, it was cold and it had a sharp force.
“We are getting out now!” he shouted at me above the noise of the wind.
“Getting out where??”
“Out of the planet Earth! We are entering the outer space. You know! Near Milky way!” he yelled at me with excitement.
I felt a chill of enthusiasm and I also felt nervous. I’ve never been out of the planet before.

Cold and sparkly air blew against us again, this time with the strongest force.
Peter held my hand tighter, a sign that told me not to worry.
I breathed a sign of relief. The carpet suddenly fastened the speed and then I was screaming with joy as we advanced toward the ends of the earth and into a new world beyond my imagination.


(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment